Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Last Night's Under-30-Minute Meal

This passed muster with my 9-year-old, our wonderful Japanese exchange student, and me:


Pasta With Artichoke-Red Pepper Pesto

1 can. quartered artichoke hearts, drained
6 oz. roasted red peppers, drained (I used half of a 12 oz. jar)
2 TBL fresh basil, chopped (the recipe called for 1 tsp dried basil, which I used, but next time I’m trying the fresh stuff)
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 TBL oil (I used olive oil)
Salt/pepper to taste
Penne pasta, or another small pasta (enough for four servings)
Grated parmesan

While pasta is cooking, add artichokes, red peppers, lemon juice, oil, and salt and pepper to a food processor and puree. Once it’s done, toss in fresh basil, and stir that around.

Drain the pasta, and return it to the pan. Add the artichoke/red pepper pesto and stir gently till combined. Serve immediately, topped with parmesan.

Serves about four.

This took less than 30 minutes to make. It was done faster than I expected.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home