Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tomato-Rosemary Tart

This is one of my fave spring or summer dinners. Even my 9-year-old loves this one.
This passes my 30-minute rule, if you can have someone else make the salad. I found this recipe, as I recall, from The Seattle Post-Intelligencer. I don't recall from where the P-I got it.

Tomato-Rosemary Tart
  • 1 pie crust
  • About 1 1/2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
  • 1 1/2 tsp. Rosemary, crushed
  • 1 tsp. dried basil leaves (I plan to use lots of fresh basil next time)
  • 2 medium Roma tomatoes, sliced thin (or one big tomato)
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • salt and pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400ยบ. Soften piecrust, place on foil-lined cookie sheet.
Sprinkle cheese, 1/2 tsp. rosemary, and basil over crust. Arrange tomatoes in circles over cheese. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp. rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle over tomatoes. Fold about 1/2 inch crust up to the tomatoes, all around.
Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Serve with a green salad.

My 9-year-old, our terrific Japanese exchange student, and I cut this into three pieces and ate it up. Not a crumb was left. (If we'd been less hungry, it could have served four.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home