Friday, May 15, 2009

Inventions in My Lifetime, So Far



I remember being amazed to know my grandparents' generation saw not only the invention of the car, but also saw a man land on the moon.

But what sorts of things have been invented (to date) of my not-done-yet life?

I was working in an office when a fax machine was brought in. (This boss was quite in step with the times.) And I recall staying far, far away from that space-age device, the microwave oven, because news reports abounded about them causing cancer. (I still don't trust them.)

What else has been invented since I was born in the 1960s? Here are just a few:
  • Space travel

  • The computer mouse

  • Microwave ovens (although the technology was developed during WWII)

  • Astroturf

  • Post-it notes

  • fax machines

  • The artificial heart

  • CD-ROM

  • GPS

  • The game Twister


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home