Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Deadlines

I've been freelancing since about 1992, and have turned in more articles than I'd care to count. Many were adequate, some were good, and a few came from who knows where in my mind.

They all have one thing in common.

Every time push an article out of the nest, I wonder if I totally blew it … Did I get the assignment right? Did I completely misunderstand the editor? Did I forget to ask that one question that would have taken the piece to a whole new level? Sigh.

So with crossed fingers, I booted my latest freelance gig from the nest -- a piece about Washington Athletic Club members who have belonged to the club for more than one generation. Or so I hope, because that's what I wrote.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger dog grrrrl said...

My sister is a former member of the WAC and we went for Thanksgiving dinner one year....stuffy!

We met a man that goes to my mother's church there who told tales of the ballet and opera and interior design...with his "partner" by his side. After he left my mother tried to tell my sister she should date him. Ummmm Mom? :)

9:30 AM  
Blogger Wimsey said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:25 AM  
Blogger hopemcp said...

LOL! So no WAC date for your sis?

I'd never have the $$$ to join the WAC, but I must say, all the people I've interviewed for various stories (staff and members) have had great things to say about the club. They all seem to really like it.

I would like a pedicure in the spa sometime, though. Perhaps I can arrange to meet an interview there?

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home