Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Psalm

Yesterday at our office's Monday devotions, "the devotee" had us hear four psalms en toto. Afterward, he gave us a daunting task: "Now write one."

After about 10 minutes, the directive produced some very cool psalms, some of which were read. I'd never done this before, but the act stayed with me all day.

Here was mine:

I looked around and saw the Lord's lessons.
His lessons met me when I rose in the morning,
called to me when I traveled through my day,
and met me as I prepared to sleep.

The Teacher said, "Your children let you live out My love -- and learn patience -- for them and the world. Your pets," He added, "give you a hint at My caring and guiding for your life.
Your friends and neighbors remind you of the blessings with which I have surrounded you. And the poor in your midst give you an opportunity to be My eyes in the place I have set you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home